It is no myth, everyone knows how incredible this city is – full of art, history and culture, so much as to be famous in the entire world as the birthplace of the Renaissance.
It is no coincidence that Florence is the most in demand cities, especially in recent years from couples from Italy, but also abroad.
Wedding in Florence: why should you chose it for your wedding?
Chosing to celebrate your wedding in Florence means being completely surrounded by centuries old works of art and being immersed in a serene atmostphere brimming with beauty and history on your big day.
This is possible whether you chose a civil or a religious ceremony. Whether you are from Florence o simply lovers of this city, from the moment your ceremony begins until the end of your reception and during all the outdoor moments in between, you will experience its deep essence. This is because when Florence welcomes you, it opens all the secret drawers of its heart, even the most hidden.
Civil Wedding in Florence
Couples are chosing to have civil ceremonies with increasing frequency and Florence will surprise you with its wonderful range of options. The most in demand are always in the halls of the Palazzo Vecchio:
- The Red Room
- The enchanting 1500’s Hall
- The Hall of Lorenzo
In all of them you will be surrounded by works of art by incredible artists, such as Michelangelo and Vasari in the Hall of Lorenzo.
Florence truly offers a wide range of options to host the civil or symbolic ceremony of your wedding ranging from beautiful villas of the Medici family with views on the city, to the Rose Garden a few steps from the famous Piazzale Michelangelo (a perfect location for your wedding photos with Florence as your background), to the Bardini Museum and Villa Vogel.
The 5 most beautiful churches in Florence to celebrate your wedding
There is no shortage of options if you desire a religious ceremony in Florence
Here are the 5 most enchanting churches to make your dream come true:
- The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, say your “I do’s” in the famous Duomo of Florence under the incredible cupola frescoed by Brunelleschi.
- The Basilica of Santa Croce, its imposing Carrara marble structure is perfectly adapted to lavish weddings. Famous for hosting the remains of Italian artists famous all over the world such as: Galileo, Michelangelo and Macchiavelli.
- The Basilica of the Holy Spirit, in the Oltrano neighborhood, its renaissance nave was designed by Brunelleschi. Perfect for intimate ceremonies.
- The Basilica of San Miniato al Monte, is one of the oldest and most memorable churches in Florence. It faces Piazzale Michelangelo, and it is ideal for smaller intimate weddings.
- The Church of Santa Felicità, located a few steps from the iconic Ponte Vecchio, it is known for its beauty, the Vasari corridor, the works of Pontormo and the Capponi chapel.